Monday, September 10, 2007

I am thoroughly convinced that the ‘good things’ in life are not dependent on what must be obtained, but instead are there already, merely waiting on the dumpage of excess.

For instance, services like my land line; the phone chords clutter my office, I spend 30 bucks a month and I use it very rarely. I no longer need to pay for this. And there are the things filling up the space of my home. I am full to busting - why would I keep those ugly pants and that series of books I’ll never read? And then there are activities that no longer serve me, like spending time cleaning up all that shit I don’t need. Or the phobias that stop me from what I want to do.

We are streamlining our house, we are monitoring our spending and we are re-sorting our priorities. It may sound as if we have added stringency to our lives, but what it feels more like is liberation. I can move more freely, I know what to do next and I am so excited. We have more time and are filling the voids with things that fulfill us. Can life get much better than this?

I'll let you know in about 2 or 3 months how this is working out but last night we slept peacefully, feeling that we are at last moving in a steady and forward direction.

No comments: